Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pathini 4 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 15:47
    Pathini

Partial View failing to read Name

Hi , I have header Partial View to set page header image and title and I have called this inside master.cshtml

I'm trying to read Page Title if not entered assign Name and add to Header I received below error , how do I resolve this please ?

type of conditional expression cannot be determined because there is no implicit conversion between 'string' and 'method group'

@inherits UmbracoViewPage<IHeaderProperties>

@model IPublishedContent

@{
        var _headerbackground = Model.BackgroundImage!=null ? Model.BackgroundImage.Url() : "/media/wixp33pk/ic-background-2.png";
        var _title =  Model?.Title != null  ? Model.Title : Model.Name  ;

}
        <!-- Page Header-->
        <header class="masthead" style="background-image: url('@_headerbackground')">
            <div class="container position-relative px-4 px-lg-5">
                <div class="row gx-4 gx-lg-5 justify-content-center">
                    <div class="col-md-10 col-lg-8 col-xl-7">
                        <div class="site-heading">
                            <h1>@_title</h1>
                            <span class="subheading">@Model.SubTitle</span>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </header>

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 26, 2024 @ 08:55
    Marc Goodson

Hi Pathini

You can't have both the @inherits and the @model statement in the partial view, if you keep with your

@inherits UmbracoViewPage<IHeaderProperties>

Then this is making 'Model' be assigned to the IHeaderProperties interface, which is why your PageTitle (which isn't on your HeaderProperties composition, can't be accessed via Model.PageTitle)... but all is not lost.

As you have inherited from UmbracoViewPage, that also gives you access to the current page, via Umbraco.AssignedContentItem

so you could have

var currentPage = Umbraco.AssignedContentItem;
    var _title = currentPage.HasValue("title") ? currentPage.Value("title") : currentPage.Name;

or if your PageTitle is on a common composition on all your Document Types perhaps called 'CommonPageProperties' then you could cast to the generated interface to be like this:

var currentPage = Umbraco.AssignedContentItem as ICommonPageProperties;
    var _title = currentPage!=null && !string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(currentPage.Title) ? currentPage.Title : currentPage.Name;

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft