Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kelly 11 posts 91 karma points
    Apr 02, 2024 @ 17:35
    Kelly

Umbraco Forms 13.1.1 not submitting

I just upgraded to Umbraco v13.2.2 and Umbraco Forms 13.1.1. My existing forms all render fine. I can type in the fields and get the individual validation messages, but once I try to hit submit, I get the error:

umbracoforms.js Uncaught TypeError: validationService.validateForm is not a function at HTMLInputElement.

I read about the frontend rendering and including dependencies, but I am new to Umbraco, and We aren't using custom forms from what I know. We do have Igloo theme (latest version).

I wasn't sure if this means I need to add the razor code somewhere for the @Html.RenderUmbracoFormDependencies(Url)

Or do the includes explicitly for the the JQUERY

And if so, which file are these required on.

Please help.

I have the project migrated up to Umbraco Cloud on a trial account in a "live" environment only at the moment while we test the solution.

• Tim 172 posts 376 karma points
    Jun 20, 2024 @ 08:05
    Tim

Hi Kelly,

We've had a couple of users report this and are looking into what's causing it. We'll loop back when done.

Tim

• Mike Chambers 636 posts 1253 karma points c-trib
    28 days ago
    Mike Chambers

Hi Kelly, just to let you know we've released Igloo Theme 13.1.1 today which addresses this issue.

It corrects an incompatibility with the igloo delivered aspnet-validation.js and the expected version for umbracoForms.

As Igloo already includes aspnet-validation.js you don't need to add @Html.RenderUmbracoFormDependencies(Url)

If you want to use the jquery alternatives then you would need to add those into your master template. https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-forms/developer/prepping-frontend#validation-using-jquery

The Igloo UmbracoForm widget also doesn't add the required umbraco scripts by default, it's better for seo not to have inline render blocking js, so again add into your master template, the relevant documentation is here.

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-forms/developer/rendering-scripts

• ivan 41 posts 182 karma points
    1 week ago
    ivan

Hi Mike,

I tried to update my Igloo to latest 13.1.1 but it ignores umbraco form submission. I tried to open the console but I am not getting any error even in the backend.

I tried both solution https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-forms/developer/rendering-scripts and https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-forms/developer/prepping-frontend#validation-using-jquery But still not working.

Please help.

Thanks

• Yakov Lebski 581 posts 2249 karma points
    1 week ago
    Yakov Lebski

I saw similar issue when submit button is <input type="submit" /> after changing to <button type="submit"></button> it started working

1 week ago
    ivan

I tried to update in my case but it is still the same issue no posts submission.

• Kelly 11 posts 91 karma points
    1 week ago
    Kelly

Hi Ivan,

I have had found it hard to get exact feedback for Igloo and the new CMS versioning. Also, I don't recall the exact fix I needed to do. It is all so custom and depends on your implementation and code. I did have to do one of the following off this page to get my forms to work:

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-forms/developer/prepping-frontend

I took a look and I can see in my MASTER template, that I added

@using Umbraco.Forms.Web

and appears I only needed to add (either to the head or body) the inclusion of this, and then my forms worked:

@Html.RenderUmbracoFormDependencies(Url)

I didn't have to include the actual script inclusion links as I believe they may be included in the libraries elsewhere.

Good luck, I hope this gets you closer to the solution for your setup.

-Kelly

1 week ago
    Tim

Hi Ivan,

Your issue sounds different to Kelly's, do you have a link that we can look at?

Tim

1 week ago
    ivan

Hi Tim,

I do not have a link I work on my local. I just implemented straight importing umbraco forms to Igloo content and when I hit submit nothing happened. I tried to track on console but no error posted. enter image description here

1 week ago
    Tim

Could you send a screenshot of the form's setup in Umbraco? I'm wondering whether it's related to the config there?

1 week ago
    ivan

Hello Tim,

I don't have any config in app settings too it is all default.

enter image description here

1 week ago
    Tim

I think it's easiest if you video a few of the settings for us to have a look over as we suspect that it's a setting somewhere. Can you email a video of the following please to [email protected] and we'll see what we can sort.

1. The issue on the front end (ideally with the dev console open on the network tab and console tab)
    2. The source code of the page
    3. The page settings on the Content section of the site -I'm interested to see what (if any) custom rules are on the form
    4. The Form Fields in Umbraco Forms
    5. The workflow setting at the bottom of the page

The only other thought is are you running with a valid license? Even when running on localhost, you require a trial license so I wonder if that's part of the issue?

Thanks, we'll keep an eye out for your email and will post back here once we've got you sorted (it's working here)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft