• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    21 days ago
    bh

V13.0.3 site routing question.

I have a content tree similar to this:

Home

About

...Mission

I would expect the url for the Mission page to be /about/mission, but it's just /mission. What am I doing wrong here?

I've built probably 100 Umbraco sites, and I've never run into this issue before.

• Nik 1597 posts 7176 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    21 days ago
    Nik

Hi BH,

I think we might need a bit more information to go on to help with this.

• Could you provide a screen shot of the content tree?
    • Does the About page have a template associated with it?
    • What is the URL for the About page?
    • Have you inadvertently assigned a domain to the about page?
    • On the Mission page, what does the "info" tab look like where it shows the URL's?
    • Does the Mission page have a property with the alias umbracoUrlAlias on it? and if it does, what value does it have?

Thanks

Nik

21 days ago
    bh

@Nik thanks for your reply.

Could you provide a screen shot of the content tree? For privacy reasons I'd rather not. The Home and About nodes are in the root. Mission is a child of About.

Does the About page have a template associated with it? Yes. All of my content pages uses the same template, and I use a blocklist editor to customize each page. Ergo, Home, About and Mission all use the same template.

What is the URL for the About page? /about

Have you inadvertently assigned a domain to the about page? Not that I know of. This routing issue is consistent throughout my site, none of the child pages include the parent in the URL.

On the Mission page, what does the "info" tab look like where it shows the URL's? /mission/

Does the Mission page have a property with the alias umbracoUrlAlias on it? No.

and if it does, what value does it have? n/a

• Huw Reddick 1741 posts 6104 karma points MVP c-trib
    21 days ago
    Huw Reddick

This is because About is a root node. IIRC there is a setting something like "HideTopLevelNodeFromPath" which is stripping the About because it is a root node.

Umbraco only expects to have one routable root node.

20 days ago
    bh

@HuwReddic that was it. Thank you! I moved all content pages in the tree to be a descendant of Home and that fixed it.

So now its:

Home

..About

....Mission

Thanks @Nik for your help with this too!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft