Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Julius Goddard 38 posts 149 karma points
    21 days ago
    Julius Goddard

error CS0246: The type or namespace name ' IHomeProperties' could not be found

After running dotnet run - my Umbraco site has suddenly just crashed with the error :

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\Repositories\DocsUmbraco10\Docs.Web\umbraco\models\HomePage.generated.cs(23,135): error CS0246: The type or namespace name '
    IHomeProperties' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\Repositories\DocsUmbraco1
    0\Docs.Web\Docs.Web.csproj]
    C:\Users\JuliusGoddard\Documents\Repositories\DocsUmbraco10\Docs.Web\umbraco\models\HomePage.generated.cs(23,170): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ' 
    ISiteNavigationProperties' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\JuliusGoddard\Documents\Repositories\Do 
    csUmbraco10\Docs.Web\Docs.Web.csproj]

Build FAILED.

I did not change anything related to "IHomeProperties" in the back office or the code - it suddenly just broke out of nowhere and now I do not have access to the back office.

Is there a known solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Julius

• Julius Goddard 38 posts 149 karma points
    21 days ago
    Julius Goddard

Thankfully found the answer quickly after posting....

Step 1. I deleted the file HomePage.generated.cs

Step 2. dotnet run and then log into back office (you are now able to log into the back office after removing the offending file above.)

Step 3. Generate Models.

Step 4. Shut down app and dotnet build.

Step 5. dotnet run

I am guessing this is a bug with the Models Builder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft