Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Liam Dilley 156 posts 382 karma points
    17 days ago
    Liam Dilley

Back office List View: Possible to show images?

Hi All, It is great to be able to modify the listing view options and add custom fields into the properties. When it comes to things like images though selecting that custom property for it to spit out the JSON of the data object is a bit pointless.

Does anyone know how to change this. Even if here we can track down the code for it and submit some changes I am happy to help but not sure where to be looking.

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14352 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    16 days ago
    Marc Goodson

Hi Liam

Have you had a look at custom List View Layouts?

This is a really really old article from when they were introduced in the olden times of Umbraco..

https://archive.24days.in/umbraco-cms/2016/custom-list-view-layouts/

The concept still remains today, I just couldn't find a better article that explains what's going on!

But it sounds like this might give you an option?

regards

marc

1 week ago
    Liam Dilley

I do not see it available for Umbraco 13. That looks pretty old.

• Huw Reddick 1770 posts 6157 karma points MVP c-trib
    1 week ago
    Huw Reddick

It is a bit different in 13 I think, but it can probably still be done, check out the docs

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-ui-builder/collections/list-views#setting-the-view-of-a-field

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14352 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    1 week ago
    Marc Goodson

hi @Huw, I think that is the documentation for how to customise UI Builder, the add on to Umbraco that allows you to build a custom UI for a custom database table, (formerly called Konstruct) - I don't think this applies to a List View Data Type...

If you go into V13 @LiamDilley it IS still available as an option to provide a custom ListView Layout.

You go to Data Types - choose your ListView (or create a new ListView Data Type), then in the 'Layout' options for the ListView, click the Add Layout button:

enter image description here

Then provide an exciting Icon, give it a name and provide the path to your custom angularJS layout view:

enter image description here

You can remove the other options so your custom list view is the only layout.

Then in your angularJS, you need to wire up the view to an angularJS controller (which you need to load via a package.manifest file - pretty much exactly like the article from the olden times!)

Then you can do absolutely anything for the display of your List View...

might be not what you need, but it does still exist in V13!

regards

marc

1 week ago
    Liam Dilley

Thanks Marc, Custom is fine. But I think if you are going to offer the ability to select custom property values out of the box as it does a useable value should be what is spat out in all cases. A link would be say the URL, image - do an image card and so on.

Custom - ALWAYS great but I think when feature is offered you should cover the basis so it works for the options you provide. Something for Umbraco to note with the backoffice updates.

• Huw Reddick 1770 posts 6157 karma points MVP c-trib
    1 week ago
    Huw Reddick

Ah yes, misread the title

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft