Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asad Kizzie 26 posts 156 karma points
    1 week ago
    Asad Kizzie

Failed to Retrieve Data and Children After Upgrade from 7.14.1 to 7.15.11

My site was previously v7.14.1 and I just upgraded it to v7.15.11. I noticed when I click on some nodes under my Content tree, I now receive the "Failed to retrieve data for content id [id#]" error message. It only happens for some nodes.

When I switch over to my Media tree, I immediately get the "Failed to retrieve children for media item -1" error message. None of the nodes in my media tree will load. All giving the error message: "Failed to retrieve children for media item [id#]"

I checked the log file and see the following:

Mapping types:
    Media -> UserProfile
    Umbraco.Core.Models.Media -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.UserProfile

Destination path:
    ContentItemBasic`2.Owner.Owner

Source value:
    Umbraco.Core.Models.Media ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.UserService.GetProfileById(Int32 id)
       at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.OwnerResolver`1.ResolveCore(TPersisted source)
       at AutoMapper.ValueResolver`2.Resolve(ResolutionResult source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource,TAccumulate](IEnumerable`1 source, TAccumulate seed, Func`3 func)
       at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.MapPropertyValue(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper, Object mappedObject, PropertyMap propertyMap)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.MapPropertyValue(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper, Object mappedObject, PropertyMap propertyMap)
       at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.Map(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper)
       at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapMapper.Map(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper)
       at AutoMapper.MappingEngine.AutoMapper.IMappingEngineRunner.Map(ResolutionContext context)
       at AutoMapper.MappingEngine.Map[TSource,TDestination](TSource source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FilterAllowedOutgoingMediaAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.OnActionExecutedAsync(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

I tried looking through some other posts and saw one about obsolete data types. I did go through the data types and made updates to any that were using an obsolete property editor. I also just opened each one of and re-saved.

I created a new node in my media tree and added children to it. It is working as expected. Can't seem to figure out what happened to the other items and why they are not displaying.

Any suggestions on other things to check or try? I have editors that are unable to make required updates.

• Asad Kizzie 26 posts 156 karma points
    1 week ago
    Asad Kizzie

An update: I was thinking I could just recreate the nodes because the actual files (data) are still in my server tree. I tried to delete the old node and could not. Here is the error that was thrown in Umbraco:

enter image description here

And just so that the details aren't only in an image, here is the text only:

Exception Details:
    System.AggregateException: Exceptions were thrown by listed actions.
    Stacktrace:
    at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.ScopeContext.ScopeExit(Boolean completed)
       at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.<>c__DisplayClass70_0.<RobustExit>b__2()
       at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.TryFinally(Int32 index, Action[] actions)
       at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.RobustExit(Boolean completed, Boolean onException)
       at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.Dispose()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.ScopeUnitOfWork.DisposeResources()
       at Umbraco.Core.DisposableObjectSlim.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
       at Umbraco.Core.DisposableObjectSlim.Dispose()
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.MediaService.MoveToRecycleBinDo(IMedia media, Int32 userId, Boolean ignoreDescendants)
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.MediaService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IMediaServiceOperations.MoveToRecycleBin(IMedia media, Int32 userId)
       at Umbraco.Web.Editors.MediaController.DeleteById(Int32 id)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<GetExecutor>b__2(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft