Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Schéle 12 posts 32 karma points
    1 week ago
    Carl Schéle

Redirect after user login

I use Umbraco 13.3.0 and I want to redirect my user to the start page rather than to backoffice on a successful (user) login. I have tried to hook into the UserLoginSuccessNotification and do a redirect there but it still takes me to the backoffice. Any suggestions?

• Huw Reddick 1770 posts 6157 karma points MVP c-trib
    1 week ago
    Huw Reddick

Hi Carl,

Are you perhaps getting confused between Users and Members? The whole point if Users is that they login to gain access to the backoffice.

1 week ago
    Carl Schéle

No, not confused. I know that's the main purpose but in this case I don't want the user to see the backoffice at first sight.

1 week ago
    Huw Reddick

So how will they get access to the backoffice if you redirect them somewhere else?

1 week ago
    Carl Schéle

Well this is just on the login but you can still browse to /umbraco or have a button/link that will take them to backoffice.

Basically i just want to know if it's possible to create a custom redirect after a successful user login.

1 week ago
    Huw Reddick

I'm not sure that is possible TBH

• Danine Noble 80 posts 345 karma points
    6 days ago
    Danine Noble

Imagining myself as an author/editor/backoffice user, if I am logging in to the backoffice, that likely means I'm looking to do some authoring/editing. Getting redirected somewhere else for a 'splash' page that requires I then do an extra click to get back to where I need/want to be is bad UX.

Does a custom dashboard not serve your purpose of supplying a start page? Doesn't take everyone away from where they need to be and allows you to customize what they see when they log in.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft