Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith 12 posts 91 karma points
    May 14, 2024 @ 19:38
    Keith

Creating applications in Umbraco 13

I'm using Umbraco 13 and .Net 8. I need to create an Application which used to sit under the App_Plugins in other versions with AngularJs.

How do I do this with Umbraco 13 as I couldn't find any documentation or examples to start with?

Thx

• Sergey 6 posts 77 karma points
    May 14, 2024 @ 20:03
    Sergey

Hi Keith

If you meaning plugins under applications, so, extensions to Umbraco, then you'd probably better to read docs for Umbraco 14, since Angular seems to be removed out of it and replaced with Vite, Lit and TypeScript.

v13 backoffice extending

v14 RC info

If you're meaning regular angular components that will be used on your site or whole site as SPA then i don't think that there is something special in Umbraco, check how to do this with regular .net core app.

• Keith 12 posts 91 karma points
    May 14, 2024 @ 20:19
    Keith

Hi

If I recall correctly there used to be an app_plugins folder where I would add a package manifest file to reference some JavaScript files and then call my API controller to get data from the Umbraco database.

This would then show up in Umbraco as if it was an Umbraco page after adding a html file.

With this said, would I still go ahead with Umbraco 14 and need to now read up on Vite, Lit and TypeScript?

If yes, is there one that would be supported long term? I learnt AngularJs but sounds like I'll need to know one of Vite, Lit and TypeScript?

Thanks again for your help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft