Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Naor C 14 posts 123 karma points
    May 16, 2024 @ 12:59
    Naor C

    Detected current version (unknown), which needs to be upgraded to 10.8.3 (ef93f398)

    Hello. I did a mess in my Azure Umbraco project.

    I have two databases: 1. "KidsUmbracoDb" - used to work until now. 2. "ParentsUmbracoDb" - I opened it two days ago.

    Both of them have a connection string.

    What I wanted to do is to start a new umbraco project under ParentsUmbraco_Db.

    I really have no idea what I have been touching and what now, but right now for both sites I'm receiving the following error: Detected current version (985af2ba), which needs to be upgraded to 10.8.3 (ef93f398). To compare versions and read a report of changes between versions, use the View Report button below.

    For the KidsUmbraco project I receive the same error but with "unknown" current version instead of 982af2ba.

    Both of the projects have their connection string set properly - KidsUmbraco uses KidsUmbracoDb connection string, and ParentsUmbraco is using ParentsUmbracoDb connection string.

    Is there anything I can do by my side to fix this issue? I'm clueless. Thanks in advance!

  • Naor C 14 posts 123 karma points
    May 19, 2024 @ 06:13
    Naor C

    So I have managed to solve this problem. What caused the problem is the following procedure:

    1. Created a new database for ParentsUmbraco.

    2. Created a new umbraco project called ParentsUmbraco. By default, it installed the latest Umbraco version which is 13.3.0.

    3. Replaced ParentsUmbraco connection string with KidsUmbraco connection string. (Don't ask why, I was very, very silly)

    4. Started the program.

    Since the Umbraco version was 13.3.0, it changed KidsUmbracoDb in table called "umbracoKeyValue" which holds the Umbraco version. The value was changed to 985 something.

    So when I tried to start KidsUmbracoDb from it's project, it probably saw that the KeyValue in the db has been changed and therefore didn't want to start.

    The solution for me was upgrading both projects to 13.3.0 - I just went to appsettings.json and updated packages and .net versions.

    It's a bit risky since I wrote KidsUmbraco using .net 6.0 and now I had to upgrade to 8.0.

    Hope no one will do the same mistake as I did :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: