Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• elitzur 15 posts 95 karma points
    May 20, 2024 @ 07:29
    elitzur

umbraco 10 and .net 6 EOL

Hi. in this November .net 6 will be deprecated and already now all webapps on azure running NET 6 get warning that it will soon be un supported. on the other hand umbraco 10 EOL is next year on july 25.

how does this add up with umbracos strategy to be close to the .net versions?

does this mean that my SUPPORTED 10 version will run on an UNSUPPRTED .net? is umbraco aware of this? what are the mitigations?

thanks

• Abdulaziz 18 posts 201 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 20, 2024 @ 08:10
    Abdulaziz

Hi Elitzur,

.Net 6 is EOS(EOL) in November 12, 2024 Umbraco is EOS(EOL) in June 16, 2024

The reason for them to have it I think to June 16, 2025, is because they state that the product as I said above goes into the Security phase on June 16 2024 but because it is an LTS they have a 12-month security phase if it was a STS it would be only 3 months.

https://umbraco.com/products/knowledge-center/long-term-support-and-end-of-life/

Again they are two different products and the changes made to the different products are always managed differently.

Umbraco support for a better clarification if it still does not make fully sense 🙂

• elitzur 15 posts 95 karma points
    May 20, 2024 @ 09:02
    elitzur

EOL for umbraco 10 is JUNE 25 with the sec phase. so what happens if there is a security issue that is found on say jan 25 and it is from the .net 6 - it will never be fixed right? you cant realy separate them since it is the actual platform. so that leaves umbraco at risk until sec phase is over

• Abdulaziz 18 posts 201 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 12, 2024 @ 13:05
    Abdulaziz

Correct, .NET 6 issues will not be patched by Microsoft after November this year.

We cannot upgrade Umbraco 10 to .NET 7 or 8 due to breaking changes, so you have to update to Umbraco 13 to have support from both us and Microsoft.

This is why, since Umbraco 11, we have been aligning our releases with Microsoft, so we have support from both MS and us for almost 3 years with long-term supported versions

I hope this answers your questions Elitzur 😁

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft