Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Peck 690 posts 1896 karma points c-trib
    May 22, 2024 @ 12:55
    David Peck

Adding a class to a UL in the RTE

I'm trying to figure out if there is solution that allows me to style some bulleted lists with a different background colour. There are basically two styles of bulleted list, and I need to toggle between them. The <ul /> needs a class to do that.

Using an RTE stylesheet I don't appear to be able to achieve this. I might end up adding a block inside my RTE, which I don't love.

I'm sure this used to be possible by setting the stylesheet selector as ul.green but this wraps an additional <ul /> around my original one. Just .green puts <span />s inside my <li />s.

TIA

• Danine Noble 82 posts 368 karma points
    May 22, 2024 @ 14:35
    Danine Noble

D: All the tricks I knew to get it to work do as you describe, or will create a ul with no li tags inside it so enter key just creates new uls but no li.

This is incredibly annoying as many clients want two-columned lists so there has to be a reliable way to apply a class to the list and not each individual list item :( But now that seems impossible outside of having a ul.class wrapping the actual ul and then requiring non-technical users to go into code and clean it up or they get flagged for improper markup. Or creating a block just for a simple list I suppose. Seems a bit silly when all you need is to apply a single class.

Sorry I don't have an answer for yah David. Just adding a voice to the need for something like this to work. Key being for non-technical users. Can't expect everyone to go in and play with markup.

• David Peck 690 posts 1896 karma points c-trib
    May 30, 2024 @ 16:38
    David Peck

From Discord by Dan Bramall:

"Umbraco": {
        "CMS": {
            "RichTextEditor": {
                "CustomConfig": {
                   "style_formats": "[{\"title\":\"Lists\",\"items\":[{\"title\":\"Alternative List\",\"selector\":\"ul\",\"classes\":\"alternative\"}]}]"
                }
            }
        }
    }

Update appsetting.json as above

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft