Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jimmy 19 posts 118 karma points
    May 23, 2024 @ 17:38
    Jimmy

Usync with Azure Umbraco 13

Hi

I recently was testing using uSync between a local installation and one on Azure hosted site.

I managed to get the site into Azure but when I ran uSync it can't import any of the cshtml files.

Is there an extra setting I need to apply on uSync or is it Azure (if so what could that be)

• Damian 66 posts 389 karma points
    May 23, 2024 @ 18:10
    Damian

uSync is great for serializing the umbraco definitions for data/docTypes as well as the contents (depending on how you configure it, of course).

As far as the .cshtml files - those need to be managed by your version control and deployed separately.

Hope this helps clarify.

• Jimmy 19 posts 118 karma points
    May 23, 2024 @ 18:54
    Jimmy

Hi

Just to doubly check, I can check in all the files and if I run usync import on my local machine with no files, usync imports.

This only occurs when I push the files to Azure and when I import an runs except no cshtml files.

I think you're suggesting having another deploy that copies the directory to Azure if I understood you correctly?

Thanks

• Damian 66 posts 389 karma points
    May 23, 2024 @ 19:04
    Damian

It is definitely advisable to have a version control system in place (like git, for example) to manage your codebase. That code would then be deployed to your public site (or any environment) by some process - this could be Azure pipelines in your case. This is how your cshtml files would be deployed in an ideal scenario.

In anycase, you will need to deploy those cshtml files independently of uSync as uSync is for managing the serialized definitions and/or content. Your templates, css, scripts, media items, etc… need to be moved by a different process.

Here's a link to the uSync docs for "Things Outside of the uSync Folder You Should Copy" : https://docs.jumoo.co.uk/usync/uSync/getStarted/importing#things-outside-of-the-usync-folder-you-should-copy

They have fantastic docs that will help you optimize that part of your process.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft