Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard 3 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 03, 2024 @ 14:01
    Richard

Error upgrading from 11.5.0 to 13.3.2

When upgrading from 11.5.0 to 13.3.2 I'm getting this error:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Column 'dataRaw' in table 'cmsContentNu' is of a type that is invalid for use as included column in an index. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in 'LoggingSettings.Directory')

I have also tried upgrading to 12.3.10 but I get the same issue. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks, Rich

• Mats Stam 66 posts 236 karma points
    Jun 03, 2024 @ 14:52
    Mats Stam

What type is the column if you check it? =) It should be "varbinary(max), null" I believe. Take a backup of your DB, and try and change it, see if it lets you. And if it does, go ahead and test the upgrade again.

• Björn Fredberg 1 post 72 karma points
    2 days ago
    Björn Fredberg

Awesome, thanks this solved my problem as well!

Had to do some manual handling of the dbo.cmsContentNu table to get the datatype right but it worked out in the end.

• Richard 3 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 03, 2024 @ 15:30
    Richard

Thanks for the reply Mats. The current type for that column is "image, null".

This site has been upgraded from umbraco 8 and I can see from other umbraco 8 DB's that the dataRaw column is "image, null" in that table.

I've altered that column and that fixed the problem.

Thanks, Rich

• Mats Stam 66 posts 236 karma points
    Jun 03, 2024 @ 19:11
    Mats Stam

Ah, good thing :) It's just the database cache (so you can hit the "Rebuild Database Cache" and it should regenerate the content in there :) )

Glad you got past it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft