Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Brereton 13 posts 114 karma points
    Jun 05, 2024 @ 10:16
    Steve Brereton

Upgrading to Umbraco version 7.15.3 from 7.3 (on the way to v14)

Having been handed a funcitoning v7.3 system and told to get it upgraded to 14, its taken me some time to get the first step upgrade to actually work.

Downloaded the 7.15.3 zip and copied / merged many a file. A lot of editing of dll version numbers and various files that were not mentioned in the basic instructions. Opened up the admin interface ok, but cannot get the front end of the site to open.

What I do get is:

"'System.Collections.Generic.List<Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent>' does not contain a definition for 'Split'"

It points at line 5 in HomePage.cshtml -

var topNodes = home.topLinks.Split(',');

As with all the other errors, this must be a missed file somewhere or the wrong version of something but I'm stuck - any thoughts or suggestions?

• Marcio Goularte 388 posts 1360 karma points
    Jun 05, 2024 @ 13:19
    Marcio Goularte

Hello,

I believe you are using ModelsBuilder and that "toplinks" is a tree node picker. See how you can change your implementation here

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-umbraco-property-editors/multinode-treepicker#mvc-view-example

see if this works

var topLinks= Model.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("topLinks"); 

• Steve Brereton 13 posts 114 karma points
    Jun 06, 2024 @ 11:15
    Steve Brereton

Thanks. Whilst the code change didn't do anything, I discovered that ModelsBuilder was added after v7.3 and that the install instructions didn't allow for that. Copying the ModelsBuilder folder to the App_Plugins folder fixes it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft