Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philippa 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 05, 2024 @ 18:09
    Philippa

Default webpage language

Firstly I am not a coder so I'm hoping the answer to this is simple. :-) So I am getting an error on my Umbraco 7:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="~/Code/Global.cs" Inherits="web.Global" Language="C#" %>
    Line 2:       

Source File: /global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4718.0

When I look at the ASP.NET Settings I see that my original website that now redirects to another says c# for this Default webpage language. But when I go to the website that is getting the redirect the default webpage says vb.

So my question is, if I change the vb to c# on the website that has the redirect, that is being displayed, will this be enough to make this error disappear and without any other errors present, get my website working?

I only have access to the Plesk Desk. I do have Visual Studio on my computer but really don't know a lot about this.

All help appreciated and thank you in advance.

• Marcio Goularte 388 posts 1360 karma points
    Jun 06, 2024 @ 12:15
    Marcio Goularte

First, which site is in error? the original or the one that receives redirection?

Try this where the error occurs

<%@ Application Inherits="Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication" Language="C#" %>

I'm assuming that the site only redirects, so changing this would have no impact. But see someone who can help. There are ways to do redirection without needing a website running. I mean at the level of your domain provider

Jun 06, 2024 @ 18:26
    Philippa

Hi Marcio - thanks for your reply. It's the one that receives the redirect that has the error. And you are right, the original website only redirects.

So are you saying that changing the language from vb to c# on the website that has the redirect (not the original) would not change anything?

Jun 06, 2024 @ 20:23
    Marcio Goularte

I understand now. Yes, it will change. If you switch from VB to C#, it's a change. If this site is an Umbraco 7, the error is precisely that.

Umbraco is made in C#. This Global.asax file in Umbraco was never vb. That's why I sent you this code for you to change. This is the default umbraco code for this Global.asax file

Jun 06, 2024 @ 22:44
    Philippa

Okay - thanks. So I made the change to the code, and did this on both the direct and redirect as both had the wrong code. I also made c# checked on the redirected website in ASP.NET but still no live site. I now get this error below. I did take out a little red dot at the start of the line - not sure if that makes a difference? But am I missing something perhaps Marco? A step perhaps or... ? Or how I have pasted in the code? Or...? I appreciate your time on this big time. THANK YOU!

Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Inherits="Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication" Language="C#" %>

Source File: /global.asax Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4718.0

Jun 07, 2024 @ 12:31
    Marcio Goularte

So your problem is not just related to this file. You have other problems that you would need someone with technical knowledge to help you with. If you could access logs, providing more information might help. But if it's something code, you'll need a programmer.

I suggest you look for a programmer, it doesn't necessarily need to be someone with knowledge in Umbraco. could be someone with knowledge of .NET

Jun 07, 2024 @ 18:46
    Philippa

Okay - thank you for your time Marcio.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft