Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Nylin 8 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 19, 2024 @ 08:44
    Andreas Nylin

Problem with Rich text editor image max width

Hi,

The Umbraco Rich Text Editor has a setting where you can enter a Max Width for images inserted into the content. The images will then be scaled down if they are wider. The width and the height attributes of the img element will also be calculated from that scale.

But I have a problem that the value seems to be impossible to change. If I entered 600 as image max with previously it refuses to update. If i change the max with to 800 the value is saved for the property. But when I reload the page the value used in the code is still 600. I have tried restarting the site. Clearing the image disc cache. Resaving the property multiple times. Removing the image and adding it again. Adding a new image. Nothing seems to help. The images are still being scaled down to 600 pixels width.

I am using Umbraco 13 but have seen this in previous versions as well.

Anyone else experienced this?

• Huw Reddick 1920 posts 6648 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jun 26, 2024 @ 10:09
    Huw Reddick

If i change the max with to 800 the value is saved for the property. But when I reload the page the value used in the code is still 600

That is correct, the width saved in the rte is not dynamic, so changing the max width for the rte will only affect images inserted after the change

Jun 26, 2024 @ 10:20
    Andreas Nylin

But that's the thing that doesn't seem to work. Even if I upload a new image after the change the width is still the old value.

Jun 26, 2024 @ 11:06
    Huw Reddick

do you maybe have more than one RTE dataType defined and are changing the value for the wrog one?

Jun 26, 2024 @ 11:40
    Andreas Nylin

I have multiple RTE Data types but I have changed them all just to be sure.

Jun 26, 2024 @ 12:59
    Huw Reddick

Not sure then as it is working OK for me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft