Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AbsolutelyN 88 posts 436 karma points
    Jun 20, 2024 @ 12:31
    AbsolutelyN

Backoffice Login not working with Safari 15 / umbraco 13

We recently upgraded a site with a lot of backoffice users from v8 to v13 (13.3.2). We are getting complaints from people unable to login because it is not possible to input text into the username and password fields. There is also no login button.

It turns out some of these people are using older ipads running Safari 15 which I know is not ideal but at the moment it is the only device they have access to. I don't think you can upgrade safari on these older ipads. When I connect one of these to my mac for debugging I get the following error in web inspector:

error on umbraco login screen

Does anyone know of a workaround? I get the same error on multiple v13 sites. Same issue on Chrome 125 which is the latest version you can install (on iPad Air 2).

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15515 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 20, 2024 @ 14:43
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Can you please create an issue for this on the issue tracker so we can have a look at it? https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/new/choose

Thanks!

Ps. You said:

Same issue on Chrome 125 which is the latest version you can install (on iPad Air 2).

Since Apple doesn't allow other browser engines, it's using the same engine as Safari so it won't make a difference which browser you use on an iPad/iPhone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft