Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Oberlechner 6 posts 36 karma points
    Jun 25, 2024 @ 20:42
    Daniel Oberlechner

Move Website to new server - all images are broken and are missing in media library

Hi fellow Umbracians, at the moment I move my personal Website from AWS to Hetzner because it is less expensive.

I configured the server and tried to upload all Umbraco assets to the new server.

I copied the following files: dotnet publish -c Release --output FinalRelease --runtime linux-x64 rsync -r FinalRelease/ server:/var/www/personalWebsite rsync -r umbraco/Data/* server:/var/www/personalWebsite/umbraco/Data rsync -r 1-assets server:/var/www/personalWebsite/

FinalRelease is all dll's and umbraco stuff umbraco/Data is the sql database and stuff 1-assets is my local image folder with all webp files and videos which I did import into the umbraco media library

I'm not sure where umbraco internally stores the images. At the moment I think the 1-assets folder is necessary to copy to the server but I'm not sure about this.

In the media library it looks like this: enter image description here

I clicked on the facebook image and clicked upload image and selected the facebook icon from the assets folder. thats the reason why it only shows facebook icon at the moment. I did this because I thought maybe umbraco gets the other images somehow where they are stored or the media cache gets renewed.

Am I doing anything wrong or have I forgotten to upload some important files?

Is anyone able to guide me into the right direction?

Kind regards, Daniel Oberlechner

• Yakov Lebski 584 posts 2313 karma points
    Jun 25, 2024 @ 20:49
    Yakov Lebski

umbraco can save files in different places , for single server installation it can be in wwwroot\media folder, in AWS it can be in S3 storage

when you migrating to new server you need to copy it.

• Daniel Oberlechner 6 posts 36 karma points
    Jun 26, 2024 @ 18:20
    Daniel Oberlechner

As it looks
    dotnet publish -c Release --output FinalRelease --runtime linux-x64

does in my case generate the wwwroot folder but without the media content. In Jetbrains Rider the media folder is hidden and I only found it because I used Finder on macOS.

I copied now the media folder to the server and all images are recognized again!

Thank you for helping me out the problem is solved by now!

Kind regards, have a nice day, Daniel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft