Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Jun 26, 2024 @ 17:33
    Ayo Adesina

Umbraco 14 Can't login to back office - This server only accepts HTTPS requests.

I recently upgraded my Umbraco installation to version 14 and encountered an issue after deploying to Azure. The front end of the website works fine over HTTPS, but when I navigate to /umbraco to log in, I encounter the following error:

error:invalid_request
    error_description:This server only accepts HTTPS requests.
    error_uri:https://documentation.openiddict.com/errors/ID2083

I have verified that my website is indeed using HTTPS both locally and on Azure. When running locally via Visual Studio (IIS Express), I do not encounter this problem. However, after deploying to my local IIS or Azure, I consistently see this error.

Before the upgrade to Umbraco 14, everything worked correctly on my local IIS. Could you please advise on what might have changed in Umbraco 14 regarding HTTPS enforcement, and what steps I can take to resolve this issue?

By the way my Umbraco Website is running inside a docker container. I don't know if that makes any diffrence or not.

Thank you!

• Huw Reddick 1920 posts 6648 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jun 26, 2024 @ 18:08
  • Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Jun 27, 2024 @ 20:19
    Ayo Adesina

After adding the "UseHttps": true setting, my website now works on my local IIS. However, when I deploy it to Azure, I still encounter an error when trying to log in:

error: invalid_request
    error_description: This server only accepts HTTPS requests.
    error_uri: https://documentation.openiddict.com/errors/ID2083

I noticed something interesting:

If I navigate to /umbraco/login, I see the login screen.

However, upon attempting to log in, I encounter the error and cannot access Umbraco.

If I navigate to /umbraco, I don't see the login screen at all; instead, I immediately get the error.

The website is running inside a Docker container. To troubleshoot, I created a new web app on Azure and deployed the website without using a Docker container.

In this setup, everything works fine—I can log in to Umbraco without any issues.

This indicates that there must be some additional configuration needed for the Docker container to work with Umbraco 14.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to determine the necessary adjustments and may have to revert to Umbraco 13 for now, as my production environment relies on Docker containers.

If anyone has insights into what might need to be configured in the Docker setup for Umbraco 14, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft