Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lukhsa992 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 03, 2024 @ 11:17
    Lukhsa992

Pages disappeared in Backoffice but still visible on the website

Hello,

I have an old website built on 8.12 version that we are maintaining, and so far we have not had any similar issues.

Yesterday, client was adding a new page under one of the existing pages in the Backoffice and when publishing it, the client got this error:

Umbraco Error

After that, all the pages under that page have disappeared in the Backoffice, but are still visible on the website.

There is an arrow next to that page indicating that it has children, but when i click to expand, nothing happens, arrow goes down, but no pages are shown under it.

I can add new pages under that page, they will be published and I will be able to see them live as well, but not in the Backoffice.

If I add any other page, under home or under any other existing page, they show up normally, so only that one page is the issue.

Did anyone have problems like this, and what are the possible solutions to retrieve those page in the Backoffice again?

• Deepak 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jul 03, 2024 @ 12:39
    Deepak

Please try to see logs in setting sections. It seems there was some error related to SQL database limitation

• Simon Napper 113 posts 347 karma points
    Jul 03, 2024 @ 13:29
    Simon Napper

As Deepak says, it seems your SQL configuration only allows 30 concurrent connections and you've hit that for some reason.

So the sticking plaster fix would be to increase the amount of concurrent connections in your SQL configuration, but it would probably be worth checking if you're expecting your code to make that many concurrent connections.

To get the back office back up, I'd probably start by restarting SQL or bring the database off and then online (if you can) to kill the current connections and then restart the web site so it rebuilds off a new connection. That should bring it back hopefully.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft