Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Vleugel 8 posts 78 karma points
    Jul 04, 2024 @ 10:08
    Erik Vleugel

Plugin for CRUD operations on custom tables within Umbraco (like UI-o-Matic) for U14

Hello,

we have a few customer installations in which we use our own, custom, db tables to store external or non-frontend data. To expose the data and enable CRUD actions for our users we have been using the UI-o-Matic plugin since U8.

However this plugin seems to be no longer maintained since U10. It was working on U13, but with the big backoffice update it won't work in U14.

We have been looking for alternatives and the only one seems to be the Umbraco UI Builder, which is quite pricey.

Are there any other alternatives we have not found or is it, relatively, easy to make something like this ourselves? We have very little experience in extending the backoffice.

Thanks

• Chris Randle 85 posts 199 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2024 @ 10:47
    Chris Randle

Take a look at some of the packages like Cms Import. This will help you with most data migration operations if you need to go that way.

However, I believe that you can use the Umbraco Content Delivery API for the operations you describe.

Let me know if you need any more help. Happy to assist.

Jul 08, 2024 @ 14:57
    Erik Vleugel

Thanks for your reply.

Cms import is not really what we need. What we need is a way for a user in the umbraco backend to do CRUD operations on a custom table in the database.

E.g. we have a custom table in the database, where Umbraco also resides, in which we store data from an external system, which gets synced every day. Because of the size and amount of external data we don't want these to be umbraco nodes. So the data is not 'known' in Umbraco, but we do want to give the user the ability to edit this data in Umbraco.

The Ui-o-matic plugin created lists and edit screens based on a poco in which a user could see and edit the data in the custom table. And I am looking for a similar plugin, which is still in development for U14. Or a way, if easy, to make something like this ourselves in the backend.

• Andy Boot 48 posts 190 karma points MVP
    Jul 08, 2024 @ 15:09
    Andy Boot

Sounds like what you need is Umbraco UI Builder (formally Konstrukt) for handling custom tables in the backoffice. However, as of late I don't believe this has been ported into Umbraco v14.

As v13 is LTS and will outlive the STS release of v14, I would highly recommend you build your production site on v13 to give you this capability.

Jul 16, 2024 @ 07:16
    Erik Vleugel

Hi Andy,

yeah we have been checking out that plugin and it seems to do what we need. The high annual price is a bit daunting tho. That's why I am looking for any alternatives

• Andy Boot 48 posts 190 karma points MVP
    Jul 16, 2024 @ 11:03
    Andy Boot

Hey Erik, it's free if you don't mind having 1 CMS editable table and unlimited CMS non-editable tables. Unsure if this would be an issue for you?

Jul 23, 2024 @ 08:01
    Erik Vleugel

I didnt know that!

Well we have around 3 or 4 custom non-CMS tables we need to be able to edit, so that's not going to work unfortunately

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft