Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Laurie 46 posts 120 karma points
    Jul 04, 2024 @ 11:14
    Peter Laurie

Umbraco 13 - Grid content does not appear when moved until the page is saved

HI, We have very recently upgraded our website to Umbraco 13, our content editors have reported back to us that the content in the Grids that are moved are not rendered again, after being moved, until the page is saved.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Kind regards,

Pete

• Huw Reddick 1920 posts 6648 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 06, 2024 @ 12:25
    Huw Reddick

What are you using to render your preview in the back office?

I am using Umbraco.Community.BlockPreview package, moving blocks around does not require a save for them to be displayed for me.

Jul 07, 2024 @ 06:27
    Peter Laurie

HI, Thank you for your feedback. I have installed this package, then realised it is for Block List and Block Grid, we are still using the legacy Grid, and yes, we propose to move to Block Grid, before we look at upgrading to Umbraco 14, but for the time being my content editors are complaining about not being able to see the content, if they move items, unless they then save the page.

Yes, this is not really bad, preventing us using Umbraco 13, as I have just asked them, to save the page to see the changes, as, in the meantime, I look in to any solutions, if there are any.

I may just post this as an Umbraco 13 bug, and see if the Umbraco team decide it is worth looking in to.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Pete

• Huw Reddick 1920 posts 6648 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 07, 2024 @ 09:46
    Huw Reddick

Unfortunately I don't have the legacy grid enabled on any of my v13 sites, but will fire one up and check.

Personally I would upgrade your v13 site to use the blockgrid before even looking at upgrading to v14. 13 is an LTS version and therefor a better choice for a production site than v14 which is currently still undergoing major changes/bug fixes

Jul 08, 2024 @ 10:09
    Peter Laurie

Hi Huw, Yes, within the remit of my other projects, one of my top priorities is to convert our Grid to Block Grid.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Pete

• Andy Boot 48 posts 190 karma points MVP
    Jul 08, 2024 @ 10:16
    Andy Boot

Just putting it out there, but I've had quite a lot of success converting legacy Grid to Block Grid using Kevin Jump's uSync Migrations package. See https://github.com/Jumoo/uSyncMigrations/blob/main/GETTING-STARTED.md

Jul 09, 2024 @ 07:48
    Peter Laurie

HI Andy,

Thanks for this information. I will investigate.

Kind regards,

Pete

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft