Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Mather 38 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 08, 2024 @ 14:07
    Tim Mather

Sales approaches from Umbraco staff?!?!

Can somebody tell me what is going on here, it appears one of our clients has had a sales approach from an internal member of Umbraco based on Umbraco 8 coming to EOL? Can anyone shed any light on this? Seems rediculous!?! Are they going to do that to all our clients?

enter image description here

• comptonja 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 08, 2024 @ 16:49
    comptonja

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback. Currently, our communication goal is to be supportive and transparent with v8 coming to EOL. We are offering these calls to ease upgrade concerns and assist with planning. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I am always open to chat or hear your thoughts on how our processes may be improved. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected].

• Tim Mather 38 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 08, 2024 @ 20:02
    Tim Mather

This isn’t valuable feedback, I am angry that you have contacted one of our customers directly out of the blue. I am not sure how you got hold of our clients email address as they haven’t consented to being marketed to and I will be asking the client to take that up with yourselves as part of a GDPR request. The client was genuinely surprised to get an email from your hence why they contacted us. If your model is to intercept clients of agencies that use your products in an attempt to make them a paying client of your own there is a big problem with your model. It definitely does not reflect the values and ethos that are pushed from yourselves.

• comptonja 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 10, 2024 @ 13:06
    comptonja

I understand your frustration! I might not have been entirely clear. When version 7 became EOL, we got a lot of feedback letting us know we didn't do enough to prepare our customers for this event. We're reaching out now to everyone who looks to still be on v8. It is of course possible we made a mistake with some people on this list, for which I apologize, we're looking into it. We're not in the business of poaching clients or even monetizing this transition. We're offering our help and a chat to clarify the options together.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft