Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Jul 09, 2024 @ 12:31
    Ayo Adesina

Issue with Required Toggle Property in 14.1.0-rc

Hi Umbraco Team,

I encountered an issue in version 14.1.0-rc related to a required toggle property in an existing document type.

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

Add a new toggle property to an existing document type and set it to "required." Attempt to publish a node of this document type.

Expected Behavior:

If the required toggle property is not set, the user should receive a clear error message indicating that the toggle property is required and why the node cannot be published. Actual Behavior:

Umbraco saves the data in the document type but does not publish the node. A message is displayed stating that the node has been saved but not published, without providing a reason for the failure.

To publish the node, I need to set the toggle to "true," publish the node, and then change it back to "false."

At a minimum, Umbraco should inform the user that the reason for not being able to publish is due to the required toggle property being null, as it has never been set.

• Huw Reddick 1920 posts 6648 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 10, 2024 @ 09:08
    Huw Reddick

If this is repeatable then you should report it as a bug on GitHub.

I will say however that you probably need to set some custom validation too (value is not null), by default true/false fields generally work this way since null is also treated as being false by default.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft