Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Angel 54 posts 111 karma points
    Jul 26, 2024 @ 20:43
    Angel

Services.PublicAccessService.IsProtected() uses up lots of memory in Umbraco 8

I am using Umbraco 8.18.14

I am creating a table of contents for my site and looping through the nodes.

As recursively go through the nodes, I check to see if the node is protected, so I can add an extra label on the menu item in the TOC tree.

So I make the call Services.PublicAccessService.IsProtected(node.Path) and take the appropriate action.

This TOC appears on all my pages, so the IsProtected call happens often (for every node on the site) and every time user goes to a new page.

I am finding that the server memory usage increases quite a bit and garbage collection does not clean up.

If i do the same work above and simply comment out the IsProtected() call, then there are no memory issues.

Are there any known memory issues with Services.PublicAccessService.IsProtected()?

Are there any alternative calls to check if a node has any protection on it? The server memory is getting eaten up simply by this repetitive call.

Any help please.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft