Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• amolmdsij 5 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 29, 2024 @ 08:51
    amolmdsij

Restrict public access permission to User Group

I want to assign restrict public access permission to user group which user can use to restrict public access to content nodes. I can do this only when i add access permission to Members section for user group. But i dont want that. If I remove Member section permission then i get below error while trying to restrict public access to content nodes...

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL:

/umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/membergroup/GetAllGroups

Contact your administrator for information.

Is there any way to achieve this without Member section permission to user group?

• Huw Reddick 1929 posts 6697 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 29, 2024 @ 18:09
    Huw Reddick

could you provide the exact version of Umbraco you are using and exactly what you have attempted.

restrict public access relates to the front end and allows you to chose either members or groups that are allowed, access to Members section would be required for any backoffice user to be able to set the values, if the backoffice user does not have access then it will not be able to populate the list of groups or members for you to select.

Jul 30, 2024 @ 05:15
    amolmdsij

@Huw Reddick Thanks for response

I am using umbraco 13.0.0 version. I am using articulate package to write articles and created ArticleWriters user group with Restrict public access permission so that user from ArticleWriters user group can choose which member groups can have access to articles. But if user has permission to members section Tab then he would be able to create, delete, update, view member and member groups node which I don't want. So user from ArticleWriters user group should be able to restrict public access based on member groups but should not be able to view or create, update delete member/member groups node that's my requirement.

Jul 30, 2024 @ 07:25
    Huw Reddick

It is not possible I'm afraid, the user requires access to the Members section if they need access to member or group pickers.

Jul 30, 2024 @ 12:06
    amolmdsij

It is not good for the ArticleWriters user group to be able to create, delete, update, or view members and member groups if we give them access to the Members section. can i disable/remove Member section for the ArticleWriters user group? If yes, How?

Jul 30, 2024 @ 12:25
    Huw Reddick

Yes, it is probably possible although not something I have done myself. Maybe this article will point you in the right direction

https://cornehoskam.com/posts/hiding-tabs-and-properties-from-backoffice-users-umbraco-9

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft