Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave 10 posts 80 karma points
    21 days ago
    Dave

Multiple attempts to install Umbraco on Azure App Service have failed

I have been trying to set up an Umbraco instance in Azure App Service for several weeks and have not made any progress. I have read the docs and the tutorials and searched the internet a hundred times over and asked for help here and have never gotten any closer to success.

I tried the CLI method and it has a weird dotnet dev-certs problem where it can't write the dev-cert into the /My store. Of course, there is no way to interact with the /My certificate store on an App Service so no one has been able to help me. (Forum thread here.)

I have tried to use a template from Microsoft and it fails because it can't write a temp file into the c:\temp directory and even if it could it claims that the ZIP file is in a zip format that cannot be used. (You can get this here.) The error is below:

ARM-MSDeploy Deploy Failed: 'Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentDetailedException: Object of type 'package' and path 'C:\local\Temp\a30043df-ec3e-45cf-a692-ac69292b16fd.zip' cannot be created.
    Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_EXCEPTION_WHILE_CREATING_OBJECT. ---> 
    Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentException: The Zip package 'C:\local\Temp\a30043df-ec3e-45cf-a692-ac69292b16fd.zip' could not be loaded. --->
    Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentException: Package file 'C:\local\Temp\a30043df-ec3e-45cf-a692-ac69292b16fd.zip' is not in a supported .zip format and therefore cannot be read.

It seems that other people have no problem getting this to work very simply. Heck, I can do it on a local machine easily enough...but that's not helpful to me.

Has ANYONE been able to get this running in an App Service environment? If so, how?

PLEASE do not ask me if I have read the docs. I assure you I have.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft