Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Hunter 133 posts 225 karma points
    Sep 16, 2024 @ 09:37
    Darren Hunter

Umbraco 13 New Section and Tree

Hi,

I am looking for a tutorial that will show me how to add a new section and tree, I been working through the example in the docs:

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/v/13.latest-lts/extending/section-trees/sections

And

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/v/13.latest-lts/extending/section-trees/trees

But I hit a couple of issues:

Here is my Code:

using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http; using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc; using Umbraco.Cms.Core; using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Actions; using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Events; using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.Trees; using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Services; using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Trees; using Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Trees; using Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Attributes; using Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.ModelBinders; using Umbraco.Extensions;

namespace UmbracoCMS.App_Code.HousingInformation { [Tree("housinginformation", "housinginformation", TreeTitle = "Blocks", TreeGroup = "housinginformationGroup", SortOrder = 5)] [PluginController("HousingInformation")] public class HousingInformationTreeController : TreeController { private readonly IMenuItemCollectionFactory _menuItemCollectionFactory;

public HousingInformationTreeController(ILocalizedTextService localizedTextService,
        UmbracoApiControllerTypeCollection umbracoApiControllerTypeCollection,
        IMenuItemCollectionFactory menuItemCollectionFactory,
        IEventAggregator eventAggregator)
        : base(localizedTextService, umbracoApiControllerTypeCollection, eventAggregator)
        {
            _menuItemCollectionFactory = menuItemCollectionFactory ?? throw new ArgumentNullException(nameof(menuItemCollectionFactory));
        }
        protected override ActionResult<TreeNodeCollection> GetTreeNodes(string id, FormCollection queryStrings)
        {
            var nodes = new TreeNodeCollection();

// check if we're rendering the root node's children
            if (id == Constants.System.Root.ToInvariantString())
            {
                // you can get your custom nodes from anywhere, and they can represent anything...
                Dictionary<int, string> blockMenuItems = new Dictionary<int, string>();
                blockMenuItems.Add(1, "Block Information");
                blockMenuItems.Add(2, "Block schedule");

// loop through our favourite things and create a tree item for each one
                foreach (var mnuItem in blockMenuItems)
                {
                    // add each node to the tree collection using the base CreateTreeNode method
                    // it has several overloads, using here unique Id of tree item,
                    // -1 is the Id of the parent node to create, eg the root of this tree is -1 by convention
                    // - the querystring collection passed into this route
                    // - the name of the tree node
                    // - css class of icon to display for the node
                    // - and whether the item has child nodes
                    var node = CreateTreeNode(mnuItem.Key.ToString(), "-1", queryStrings, mnuItem.Value, "icon-presentation", false);

nodes.Add(node);
                }
            }

return nodes;
        }

protected override ActionResult<MenuItemCollection> GetMenuForNode(string id, FormCollection queryStrings)
        {
            // create a Menu Item Collection to return so people can interact with the nodes in your tree
            //var menu = _menuItemCollectionFactory.Create();

//if (id == Constants.System.Root.ToInvariantString())
            //{
            //    // root actions, perhaps users can create new items in this tree, or perhaps it's not a content tree, it might be a read only tree, or each node item might represent something entirely different...
            //    // add your menu item actions or custom ActionMenuItems
            //    menu.Items.Add(new CreateChildEntity(LocalizedTextService));
            //    // add refresh menu item (note no dialog)
            //    menu.Items.Add(new RefreshNode(LocalizedTextService, true));
            //}
            //else
            //{
            //    // add a delete action to each individual item
            //    menu.Items.Add<ActionDelete>(LocalizedTextService, true, opensDialog: true);
            //}

return null;
        }

protected override ActionResult<TreeNode?> CreateRootNode(FormCollection queryStrings)
        {
            var rootResult = base.CreateRootNode(queryStrings);
            if (!(rootResult.Result is null))
            {
                return rootResult;
            }

var root = rootResult.Value;

root.RoutePath = string.Format("{0}/{1}/{2}", Constants.Applications.Settings, "housinginformation", "overview");

// set the icon
            root.Icon = "icon-hearts";
            // could be set to false for a custom tree with a single node.
            root.HasChildren = false;
            //url for menu
            root.MenuUrl = null;

return root;
        }

}

}

I want to add custom menus for Block Information and Block schedule they both seems to want to call the edit.html in the back office section of the plugin.

I like it to do some thing like

/backoffice/Blocks

And

/backoffice/ BlockSchedual

Ect for other menu items I add.

Also I am finding when I click on "Block Information (Housing estate Information)" menu I am getting the settings menu and not the one I defined in code I have to click on it twice to get the correct menu.

If any one can point me in the direction of a tutorial that would be good. It need to be for version 13.

Thanks in Advance. Darren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft