Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon steed 376 posts 688 karma points
    3 days ago
    Simon steed

Umbraco Cloud - overwrite Development with copy of Live?

Wow when Umbraco works it's great, however when it starts to go tits up, boy does it :(

I've got a clients Umbraco 10 site that I did some work on locally, pushed changes into Git, they got deployed then pushed them to live no problem - success!

Then I had some more changes, but the client wanted to refresh the content on Dev from, that on Live so from the back office, we exported that content down from live -> Dev and things went wonky. Since then, we've not been able to successfully deploy anything from Dev -> Live.

So to get the latest changes done, I manually added them to live and now I have a stable live site that has all the structure / content / data we need. However now in the cloud portal I see this:

enter image description here

Going into Kudu after revewing the docs, I cant see any files in the Locks folder to clear in either environment.

So basically what we now want to do is effectively mirror the live into the Dev environment quickly, easily and painlessley - how do we do this and also how do I clear the error messages?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft