Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• GunsRoseSS 13 posts 83 karma points
    25 days ago
    GunsRoseSS

Umbraco 13 - Publishing notification mail no longer shows changes marked in red/yellow

Hi all,

This is more of a "late to the party" question, but I've recently noticed a small regression between Umbraco 7 and Umbraco 13 in the publish notification mail. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the notification by right clicking on a node, then selecting "Notifications", and there you select the "publish" checkbox:

The publish notification.

That's going to send an email to the address specified in the appsettings. It works perfectly, but in Umbraco 7 you used to be able to see the difference in the content with the previous version. See the examples below.

The situation in v13, which only shows information about the current content.

The situation in v13, which only shows information about the current content.

The situation in v7, including the ability to highlight the difference between the current and previous content version.

The situation in v7, including the ability to highlight the difference between the current and previous content version.

My question is: why has this functionality been removed? Personally, I think it's quite benificial as the purpose of receiving such mails is usually to double check whether the content change didn't overwrite or delete any important information.

I have tried digging around the forums and change feeds, but I haven't been successful in finding anything related to this. If anyone knows, please let me know! :)

Cheers, Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft