Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bram Heijmink 5 posts 95 karma points
    7 days ago
    Bram Heijmink

Managing Access to Specific Tabs Per User Role

I'm currently working on a project using Umbraco 13 and am required to manage access to specific tabs within content types based on user roles. Ideally, I want to control which user roles can see or edit certain tabs (not just properties or entire content nodes).

I have content editors who should only have access to certain fields but not the whole content item, and I want to restrict this access at the tab level.

Is there an existing tool, package, or plugin that supports this kind of tab-level permission management in Umbraco 13? If not, does anyone have experience implementing this via custom development? I'd appreciate any guidance on how to achieve this (e.g., through custom property editors or back-office extensions). Lastly, if this feature is easier to implement in Umbraco 14 due to API improvements or new features, I'd be open to migrating to that version if necessary. Has anyone done something similar in 14, and if so, was it a smoother process? Any advice, tips, or pointers would be really helpful! Thank you in advance!

• Marc Goodson 2155 posts 14386 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    3 days ago
    Marc Goodson

Hi Bram there habe been a few packages over the years that would do this, uHidesy and Tabhider... the most current similar one Im aware of is Admin Only property editor, which if it isn't quite what you are after... Does give a clue of how to do this with the sending content notification...

https://github.com/LottePitcher/umbraco-admin-only-property/blob/develop/src/AdminOnlyProperty/AdminOnlyPropertySendingContentNotificationHandler.cs

There is also a good article here for v8 which shows the concepts..

https://umbracare.net/blog/control-content-fields-and-tabs-visibility-in-umbraco-cms/

The sendingcontent functionality has been removed in v14+ it's a whole new way to extend the backoffice... Have not found any examples or docs on how to do same... Yet... It is constantly evolving.

Regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft