Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chelsea Immen 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 20:26
    Chelsea Immen

Hello - Our website went down this morning, and we have contacted multiple sources to try and get it back up or find out what's wrong, to no avail. Now I'm not even able to login to Umbraco - has anyone else had this issue? I'd love to get some contact information for someone who could help me, thank you!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 21:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chelsea and welcome to our :)

I'm afraid that you'll need to get in tocuh with your hosting provider (where the website is hosted) or the developer / company who made your site since downtime is probably not Umbraco related and if it is you'll need to get in touch with those guys who made the site for you.

So in short, either get in touch with the webhost or the developer / company. Those are the people who can help you.

/Jan

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 21:41
    Nicholas Westby

Start with the error logs. Can you access the server files (e.g., by RDPing or FTPing)? If so, look in ~/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt.

• Ian 178 posts 752 karma points
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 00:05
    Ian

Is the website in question www.rmidirect.com if so it looks like custom error handling is turned on. This is as it should be but it will mean that unless the error is in the umbraco log it will be harder to find. First try looking in the windows event logs again you will need remote admin access to the server. With custom error handling turned off errors are displayed in the browser and you can progress from there but things are definitely not usually left that way as anyone can then see details of your error and gain insight into what your site is running posing as potential security threat as a result

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Mar 04, 2016 @ 07:11
    John Palmer

Hi Chelsea,

Can you ping your domain? If you are able to ping your domain, then the server might not be down. You may need to check the server logs for more details.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft