Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Mar 14, 2016 @ 15:22
    Christine

Upgrading to 7.4.1 Document Types Server error & Developer on page error

Hello,

I've been having a difficult time upgrading umbraco from 7.1.4 to 7.4.1. I've abandoned NuGet and decided to upgrade on a server manually, which has gotten me much further.

Two issues I hope you can help me with:

1. Document Types are duplicated in the back office. (Of course, one of which returning a Server error)

2. When I open the developer section, I'm getting a pop type error that just says 'error'

Thanks in advance for any help!

enter image description here

enter image description here

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Mar 14, 2016 @ 15:49
    Chris Wilson

If you press F12 while your browser is open, you should open the developer console, check the 'Console' in here to see if an more detailed message has been left.

If not, check the server logs.

The logging in 7.4 has moved to ~\App_Data\Logs\ and contains the machine name in the filename, as follows:

UmbracoTraceLog.COMPUTERNAME.txt

This is the best location to get an idea about what happening.

/Chris

Mar 14, 2016 @ 18:16
    Christine

Thanks for the reply! here is what google chrome dev tools reveal on the Developer Page in the back office

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    http://k-uat-dev:8045/umbraco/BackOffice/Api/ExamineManagementApi/GetIndexerDetails?_=1457979984604 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)
    http://k-uat-dev:8045/umbraco/BackOffice/Api/ExamineManagementApi/GetSearcherDetails?_=1457979984605 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)

Mar 14, 2016 @ 18:31
    Christine

I resolved my duplicate Document type folder by copying over the trees config rather than merging!

Mar 14, 2016 @ 19:19
    Christine

And to that end, resolved my Examine Management issue by copying over the Dashboard.config file rather than merging!

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2016 @ 19:34
    Jamie Attwood

Thanks for this tip. I also was experiencing 417 (Missing token) errors when loading the developer section after upgrading. So I missed one line in my Dashboard.config merge in the examine section that was causing this.

Thanks,

Jamie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft