Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Mar 15, 2016 @ 21:34
    andrew shearer

UmbracoServer – isMaster flag

How does umbraco determine which entry in this table is the master server?

Our environment isn’t a typical load-balanced configuration, but rather a master/slave configuration i.e. 1 authoring server where umbraco changes are made, and slave webnodes that are public facing. It’s only the authoring server that should ever be considered the master.

Could it be possible, without custom code, for umbraco to consider one of my slave nodes the ‘master’?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 07:22
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Andrew,

I assume your are using the "flexible" loadbalancing that uses the database introduced in v7.3.0

I think by default the first server that registers it self is considered as master.

But there is a way to override this behavior : https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/load-balancing/flexible-advanced

Haven't tried this myself

Dave

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 23:22
    andrew shearer

thanks Dave! i had since found a blog post with similar code (im guessing what became the basis for that official documentation). will give that a try, because yeah, its not really a load-balanced configuration per se, but more a master/slave(s) type of arrangement. thanks :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft