Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jebastin 42 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 17, 2016 @ 10:08
    Jebastin

Error during upgradation - Umbraco v4.7.1 to v7.4.1

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: 'System.Dynamic.ExpandoObject' does not contain a definition for 'NodeId' Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

Upgradation Error

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2016 @ 20:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jebastin

Does the /App_Data/Logs file reveal further information than what you can see above?

What approach are you taking doing the upgrade? Are you doing it manually for instance?

And are you certain that it's possible to do the upgrade directly? (In case you're using 3rd party packages, relying on old umbraco API's etc.).

Have you read the general guideline and the more specific information in the documentation here too? https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/

/Jan

• Jebastin 42 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 09:58
    Jebastin

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply and Sorry for my late reply.

Good news is I've got succeeded in migrating the database from v4.7.1 to v7.4.2

First, I've upgraded from v4.7.1 to v7.3.7 and then from v7.3.7 to v7.4.2 (database migration alone as we're going to use new design)

To Answer your questions:

• The /App_Data/Logs file doesn't reveal further information than what I can see above.
    • I've read the general guidelines for upgrading Umbraco version but as we needed to upgrade the database alone, I've followed the above steps.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft