Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charles Roper 48 posts 200 karma points
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 23:19
    Charles Roper

What are the best starter kits to study?

What are the best starter kits to study for learning Umbraco best practices, tips and trick? Anything besides starter kits worth looking at? Certain packages perhaps?

Cheers,
    Charles

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2016 @ 12:28
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Charles,

While I don't have a definitive answer to your question, quite interestingly I've just replied on another topic with a similar vein.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/extending-umbraco-and-using-the-api/75942-reference-site-best-practice

Back to your question, what knowledge do you hope to gain from the starter-kit? Is it doctype structure; property-alias naming; Razor snippets; etc?

Apart from Fanoe, I don't know of many other v7-supported starter-kits. Articulate would have many gems in it, but that's if you want a blog.

The v6 ones would be: Standard Website MVC or CWS Start.

Hope this might help?

Cheers,
    - Lee

• Charles Roper 48 posts 200 karma points
    Mar 19, 2016 @ 17:34
    Charles Roper

Many thanks Lee. To answer your question about what I hope to learn: yes to all of those things. Also interested in seeing how things are done with extension methods and other MVC stuff

What you've suggested is perfect for now though. Knowing Fanoe is recommended is useful, and since I'm building a simple blog for myself as my current side project, studying Articulate should be just the ticket.

Thanks very much!

Charles

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft