Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 15 posts 86 karma points
    Mar 19, 2016 @ 21:08
    Mark

why are the Glyphicons icons missing?

looking at the bootstrap.min.css any reason why the hamburger menu icon glyphicons-halflings is missing, and also the glyphicons-halflings.png, none of the icons are included in the bootstrap.min.css in the css folder.

Any reason why?

• Tracemaster 6 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 20, 2016 @ 05:59
    Tracemaster

Where are you glyphicon font files saved at present? The bootstrap.min.css file references a relative url, eg: url(../fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot).

Are your glyphicon fonts in a folder called 'fonts' at the same level as your 'css' folder which has the bootstrap.min.cs file?

• Mark 15 posts 86 karma points
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 20:02
    Mark

I see bootstrap.css and the image icones in the umbraco/ folder but not in the actual directory structure for the front end, the default bootstrap.min.css in the front end when I search shows no glyphicons-halflings, and no glyphicons what so-ever when searched, and there certainly is no fonts related to bootstrap or icons on the front end by default after the umbraco install.

• Tracemaster 6 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 07:52
    Tracemaster

Right, I see what you mean now. It looks like they are installed as part of the Umbraco setup but that the fonts aren't actually included. This does seem a bit weird. I'm now unsure if you need to use the icons or you are just curious as to why they aren't there?

If you need to use them then adding bootstrap and it's associated assets (fonts, JavaScript etc) in your solution outside of the Umbraco folder is the way to go. If the question is 'why has Umbraco not included them' then I'm none the wiser!

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft