Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• BEWD 89 posts 301 karma points
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 18:58
    BEWD

Move from Shared hosting to VPS - Now Umbraco Errors

Hi All

I have just moved some website from shared hosting to a Windows VPS with the same host (eUKHost.com)

The hosting provider migrated the websites & databases but now when you go to them (example is www.the-pineapple.co.uk) you get redirected to the Umbraco login page rather than the site, the URL suggests an upgrade has taken place but it hasnt, an example of the url you are redirected to is

http://www.the-pineapple.co.uk/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.the-pineapple.co.uk%252f#/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2Finstall%2F%3Fredir%3Dtrue%26url%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.the-pineapple.co.uk%252f

If you enter credentials you cant submit them, nothing happens when you press the login button (the browser asks if you want to save credentials but nothing happens with the site, it stays on the login page)

Has anyone got any idea what is going on here? Umbraco version on this is 7.4.1 but others are on 7.3.1

Thanks for any help you can offer

Ben

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 22:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben

That's indeed an odd issue - Do you see any detailed information in the /App_Data/Logs file, which might reveal more information? And how about the console log of the browser? Does it say anything?

It's not possible to visit the site you referenced - Don't know if you have set the site up in the host file on your own machine in order to be able to access them? Or perhaps something has changed since you made the post...However since I don't know how the migration was done exactly I would try to go to the /App_Data/ folder and clear the content of the /TEMP folder and then go to the /Config/ClientDependency.config file and bump the version number and then recycle the app pool - Does that make any difference? Perhaps also try and empty the browser cache.

I actually had a similar experience last week where I migrated a site from on server to another - But I have a suspision it happened because the sites database at a point was restored and I suspect that the restore happened so some upgrade details might got lost. I got it solved by restoring the live database locally and doing a local upgrade and then backing up the live database from my local machine restoring it to the new server - That did the trick in my case. But as mentioned I suspect something had gone wrong with restoring a couple of months ago so some upgrade info was somehow missing.

But this approach seem somewhat tedious in your case if you have multiple sites acting the same way.

I moved another site too to the same server, which just worked effortlessly. My sites are running 7.2.8 and 7.3.8. It was the 7.3.8 site that was acting up.

/Jan

• BEWD 89 posts 301 karma points
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 22:48
    BEWD

Hi Jan

Thank you for the reply. It certainly is a strange one.

The Console log on the browser displays nothing alarming but not sure how to post an export short of a screen shot.

My hosts are attempting a reload at the moment so I can confirm the content of the Log files yet.

The site was down temporarily as I also referred it to my hosting comapny so they were trying things too but should be available now still not working). The migration was done via the Plesk Migration tool I believe.

I will pass your comments on to them or try when they stop what they are doing.

Thank you for your advise, watch this space for a response from me soon :) - I need all the help that I can get!

Cheers

Ben

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 06:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben

Seems like the site is up now?

I can access the frontpage just fine and when I go to /umbraco I see the login screen just fine too :)

Have they said anything about what they did in order to solve it?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft