Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• klaus 15 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 07:18
    klaus

Many thousands users in the Umbraco Backoffice??

Hi, I was thinking of Umbraco as the backend for my next project, and a mobile app as my frontend. However, I do have a question.

The site that I'm working is required to handle many users - potential thousands of users. They should be able to register and login and logout.

Is it an OK practice to use the Umbraco membership, when that many should interact with the application?

//Thanks

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 07:49
    Niels Hartvig

You can easily have hundreds of thousands of members in Umbraco, but Members interact with your website, not the Umbraco back office.

So perhaps you could share a little more details about what you're going to build so you could get a better answer.

• klaus 15 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 08:05
    klaus

Great,

I would like to use Umbraco as a kind of Database where members can create new documents. The documents are not displayed on the website, but the data of each document is exposed through the WEP Api and then consumed from a mobile application.

So, each document belongs to a user. So the document is anotated with a property UserId that reflects the members id.

This solution is instead of making a complete server side application in ex NodeJS or C# dislike. What I am hoping for is a smaller amount of work on the server side. I only have to create the controllers and models.

Sounds resonable? Is it ineficient?

• Hans Børge Pedersen 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 17, 2016 @ 15:08
    Hans Børge Pedersen

I would advise against this unless you plan to use "members". In a project I'm working on, we have about 40 users. As the number of users grew, the performance when adding content got worse.

It might work ok if you create only 1 document, but if you plan to create several folders in one go, you will be in trouble.

The issue I'm having is one databasecall to umbracoUser2NodeNotify per user each time you create a document.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft