Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NicolaiJee 30 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 11:46
    NicolaiJee

Upgrading to 7.4.2 gives an Installation step UmbracoVersion failed. error

Hi I have upgraded a 7.3.8 version of umbraco to 7.4.2 but the upgrade failed due to this error :

2016-03-22 12:41:10,573 [P15264/D2/T10] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - Installation step UmbracoVersion failed. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.IsAuthenticated() at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.SetUmbracoVersionStep.Execute(Object model) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction)

I can't seem to find anybody else with this problem ? Any ideas on what i could try to do because i have been stuck for a few days now.

• NicolaiJee 30 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 11:48
    NicolaiJee

The website i using unity and i also have this error in the log: 016-03-22 12:41:01,026 [P15264/D2/T10] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred when trying to create a controller of type 'Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController'. Make sure that the controller has a parameterless public constructor. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: umbracoContext at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoController..ctor(UmbracoContext umbracoContext) at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController..ctor()

But it hasn't given any problems before.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft