Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Botibol 7 posts 87 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 14:54
    John Botibol

Fanoe RTE stylesheet is missing its content in 7.4.1

Hi

When installing the Fanoe starter kit into the latest version of Umbraco (7.4.1) the RTE stylesheet includes the custom style entries but the actual styles are missing.

So the file rte.css contains entries like:

/*umb_name:Header/

Header{}

/*umb_name:Header 2/

Header2{}

/*umb_name:Header 3/

Header3{}

/*umb_name:Smooth/

Smooth{}

/*umb_name:Paragraph/

Paragraph{}

/*umb_name:Blockquote/

Blockquote{}

What has happened to the actual styles? Is it possible to get a copy of the file as it should be?

Furthermore, If you add styles to the various entries, they show up in the back office when editing content but they do NOT show up in the published site itself. For example, on the Fanoe home page I can edit (say) "The starter kit" and apply a style from the RTE drop down. This shows fine in the editor. If I change some text just to ensure that I am seeing the latest copy, and "Save and publish" the modified text is present but the styles applied from the Formats toolbar item are not.

Is this a bug with 7.4.1?

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6449 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 15:23
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi John.

"they show up in the back office when editing content but they do NOT show up in the published site itself:"

This is not a bug, the styles you configure in backoffice is for the richtext editor, not the actuall site itself. You´ll need to add the same classes to you public css file (or reference the same rte.css file in you public site).

However the styles in your rte.css sholud probobly not be empty. I installed a starterkit with Fanoe on a Umbraco 7.4.2 installation and they where also empty (the look the same as your pasted css). Dont know if you are ment to define you own styles or if this is just a bug.

Hope this helped you! Let me know if there is anything more i can help with.

• John Botibol 7 posts 87 karma points
    Mar 30, 2016 @ 15:35
    John Botibol

Hey Dennis

I'm really sorry not to thank you sooner! Unfortunately I am not getting email notifications of responses - must fix it!

Thank you so much for responding, I am slowly finding my way around Umbraco but the documentation, whilst reasonably comprehensive appears terribly out of date which actually makes it all harder than if it was missing in the first place :-). I even subscribed to Umbraco.tv, whilst that helped a bit, a lot of that seems out of date too and to be honest they don't really go deep enough.

With your advice I have just made an RTE style work for me, whoopeee!

Thanks once again.

John

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6449 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 31, 2016 @ 06:17
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi John!

No worries, im just glad that it helped you out.

You always have the forum to ask questions about things that you find hard or think is lacking in the documentation. It´s a friendly community and everyone is eager to help out.

Also there are some great Umbraco courses you can take to further trim your skills, read more here: https://umbraco.com/products/training

About the notifications in the forum, you automaticly follow a forum tread that you post, but you might have email notofications turned off. To enable: Click on your Avatar > Edit Profile > Notifications: And untick the box "Dont bug me".

Again, glad that it worked out for you and that i could help. Good luck with the rest of your site and have a great day!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft