Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Grice 24 posts 176 karma points
    Mar 23, 2016 @ 16:52
    Ben Grice

Unpublish on Umbraco 7 not working

Hi there,

I've been unable to get the automated unpublish working on our Umbraco 7.3.4 site and I'm wondering if I've missed any steps out. For example, do I need to start an automated job/task on the web server which runs in the background to periodically check to see if any content needs to be unpublished.

I have set the Unpublish at date for 3 or 4 different document types at varying time intervals (e.g. to unpublish 5 minutes from now, 1 hour from now, 12 hours from now, 1 day from now), but they never seem to unpublish.

I have scanned the Event Viewer on the server and can't find any errors corresponding to the scheduled unpublish times. I have also looked in the web.config and umbracoSettings.config files but can't find anything obvious.

The following articles suggests that maybe there is a service I need to run but I can't find anything obvious in the documentation.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/57914-Unpublish-at-not-unpublishing

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks ben

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 07:41
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Ben,

I think there was a issue with the task scheduler in the early 7.3.x versions. And the task scheduler is used to scheduled publishing/unpublishing (using the publish at and unpublish at date properties on the Generic Properties tab of a content item).

Maybe you can upgrade to the latest 7.3.x version and see if the solves the issue

Dave

• Ben Grice 24 posts 176 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 10:59
    Ben Grice

Hi Dave,

I upgraded to latest version (7.4.2) yesterday, but unfortunately the unpublish at facility is still not working).

Any other ideas?

• Paul 4 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 13:53
    Paul

Did you manage to get this working?

• Magere 2 posts 71 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 14:24
    Magere

Wanted to ask the same thing, I have heard about this problem so many times, but still no news!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft