Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 20:00
    Mark

GetCropUrl images not cropped

I've upgraded an Umbraco website from 6.x to 7.4.1

I swapped out the File Upload ("umbracoFile") property editor with an Image Cropper and added some crops, which, from what I can tell from reading forum posts, is the recommended practice.

Unfortunately, calling GetCropUrl(cropAlias) returns the original image, i.e. not the cropped version.

We have some 3,000 images in the media section.

Should the crops be working? Or is there something I'm missing?

I'm hoping I'm not going to be told that I need to go through each of the 3,000 images and re-save them all! :-)

Thanks

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 28, 2016 @ 08:36
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You need to go through each of the 3,000 images and re-save them all! :-)

Luckily, there's a package for that: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/crop-healer-for-umbraco/

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 28, 2016 @ 10:43
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

Perhaps you also need to make some adjustments for the Razor code that you use for getting the image crop.

Try to see this documentation. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/image-cropper

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Mar 28, 2016 @ 13:33
    Mark

Thanks guys. Unfortunately the log file reports the following for all images:

2016-03-28 14:29:10,864 [P12788/D9/T75] INFO Our.Umbraco.CropHealer.CropHealer - Skipping media property as no image has been uploaded yet (NodeId:12111 DocumentTypeAlias:Image, PropertyAlias:umbracoFile)

What I did was change go into CMS>Settings>Media Types. Clicked "Upload Image" property. Clicked the icon of the "File Upload" property type. In the popout, selected Image Cropper. Then Submit, Submit, Save.

Did I do something wrong?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft