Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 28, 2016 @ 17:50
    Alex Skrypnyk

Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

Hi,

I'm trying to create async Action in my Umbraco 7.4.2. Got such error :

Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

Thanks

• Marcin Zajkowski 112 posts 585 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 21:51
    Marcin Zajkowski

I'm getting this error on RenderForms method in Umbraco Forms. Did you found anything useful or maybe solved this problem in your solution @Alex?

Apr 13, 2016 @ 07:10
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Marcin,

We didn't find a solution for RenderController. We decided not to use it in an async way and honestly said, do not use them at all.

UmbracoApiController works fine with async.

Cheers, Alex

Apr 13, 2016 @ 07:11
    Alex Skrypnyk

Do you want to use RenderForm in async wrapped method?

Apr 13, 2016 @ 10:53
    Marcin Zajkowski

Problem occurs when Umbraco Form is inside the Grid and it's wrapped using LeBlender. I'm assuming that it's called using async way and cause the problem. It's weird because it's working on our staging server and not working on all devs instances.

Apr 13, 2016 @ 10:57
    Alex Skrypnyk

Maybe this key can help:

<setting key="ExecuteWorkflowAsync" value="False" />

Its from \App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\UmbracoForms.config

Thanks

Apr 13, 2016 @ 11:07
    Marcin Zajkowski

Thanks Alex. I think that this is related to workflows, not rendering (as described in comments) and my form is not rendered yet to even think about workflows :)

Going to test on fresh installation probably or dig more into LeBlender / Forms sourcecode.

• Rasha 4 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 23, 2019 @ 06:54
    Rasha

Hi.. I have the same problem, and still don't have a solution... Can any one help me "Renderform" inside grid

{"Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'."} System.Web.HttpException

Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/InsertUmbracoFormWithTheme.cshtml)

• Austin Rome 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 01, 2018 @ 00:47
    Austin Rome

I am currently having the same issue using Umbraco 7.7.3 and Umbraco Forms 6.0.3 the past 2 days. This is the error I'm getting: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

In my Visual Studio it shows a little more detail. When the InsertUmbracoFormWithTheme macro executes and error is in the RenderAction. Based off of the error, it is trying to use an old connection to a previous umbraco database I had created the forms on, instead of the new umbraco database(which has a different name than the previous) the forms are on now. Any help with this would be much appreciated as I do not want to recreate the forms on the new database.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2018 @ 20:45
    Mark Bowser

I was having this same error. For me, it was because we had old content that still picked the Insert Form (Legacy) macro. To resolve the problem, I configured the Insert Form (Legacy) macro to not try to render in RTEs or grids.

• Rasha 4 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 23, 2019 @ 10:24
    Rasha

Hi After search I found this solution https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Forms.Issues/issues/235 Umbraco version 8 Umbraco forms version 8.2.0

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    May 25, 2020 @ 23:45
    Nurhak Kaya

I experienced this problem when I made async calls in my action result in my surface controller, and updating all async calls to sync fixed my problem - not happy with this solution.

Umbraco version 7.15.4 assembly: 1.0.7381.11453

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Oct 04, 2022 @ 21:21
    Mark Bowser

Just had this error on our Umbraco forms 7.5.9 on an Umbraco 7.11.1 site when a form was in the grid. When using a form in an RTE outside of the grid, I was getting errors about an ambiguous reference to FileUpload.EncryptedFilePathAndFileNameSeparator even when using the vanilla Forms partials.

Problems all disappeared when I deleted the references to Microsoft.Web.Helpers from the web application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft