Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Chris Clancy 56 posts 123 karma points
    Mar 30, 2016 @ 13:19
    Chris Clancy
    0

    CMS Import links and iframe issue Umbraco v7.4

    Hi,

    I have been successfully using CMS Import which has worked great so far and will save us huge amounts of time during content migration.

    I do have an issue with my data import. The data file is CSV and everything in there looks good - If I dump the data for an article it straight into a HTML page it is all formatted correctly (I changed some characters to HTML codes during SQL export). When CSV data is imported into Body Text fields (RTE) the links are a little scrambled.

    Standard links are stripped of the "href=" so instead of:

    <a href="http://www.umbraco.com">Umbraco</a>
    

    I get:

    <a>Umbraco</a>
    

    And for Iframes it is changing from:

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WU-1PR0ehSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>
    

    to:

    <iframe 560="" 315="" https:="" www="" youtube="" com="" embed="" wu-1pr0ehsm="" 0="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="" height="" width=""></iframe>
    

    Any ideas what might be going on here?

    BTW this import was done using the demo version of CMS Import - we now have a licence but I have not yet used the full version.

    Thanks

  • Chris Clancy 56 posts 123 karma points
    Mar 31, 2016 @ 14:16
    Chris Clancy
    0

    Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Have other CMSImport users managed to get their links and iframes across successfully? I'd love to hear if you have!!

  • Richard Soeteman 3990 posts 12598 karma points MVP
    Mar 31, 2016 @ 14:50
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    Hi Chris,

    didn't receive a notification about this issue. But I think your issue is related to the Rich text editor configuration where IFrame's are stripped. You can tweak the config of Rich Text editor settings in TinyMCESettings.config file.

    Hope this helps,

    Richard

  • Chris Clancy 56 posts 123 karma points
    Mar 31, 2016 @ 15:09
    Chris Clancy
    0

    Hi Richard,

    Yes we did think that could be the issue. I'm looking into it now and I'll post my findings on here when I have investigated.

    Thanks

    Chris

  • Chris Clancy 56 posts 123 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 13:29
    Chris Clancy
    0

    Ok so it looks like this has been resolved now. First I decided to import my rich text data into a plain old text area to see how the data looked.

    From there I could see that ther links were not jumbled but had double quotes around existing double quotes.

    E.g:

    <a href=""http://www.google.com"">Google</a>
    

    So I then used the Text Indicator option in the CMS Import setup and chose the double quote option. The data now comes through perfectly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft