Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ross Ekberg 124 posts 364 karma points
    Apr 04, 2016 @ 13:47
    Ross Ekberg

I am currently running 7.4.1 and want to install 7.4.2. Due to the custom nature of my install, I have quite a lengthy 'upgrade' instruction sheet. Being that this is only a "patch", I thought there would have to be a better way than going through the entire installation procedure. Does anyone know of a simple way of installing a patch?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 05:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ross

Not exactly sure about your length upgrade instruction sheet but it should be as simple as downloading 7.4.2 and then overwrite these folders in your current install from the zip

• /Bin
    • /Umbraco
    • /Umbraco_Client

As per the manual upgrade instructions here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 05, 2016 @ 13:07
    Ross Ekberg

Ah geez. I see that now. Whenever I read those instructions, I always got to the point where it says to skip to the merging of the files if you are upgrading to anything above 7.2. This meant skipping over those 'manual' steps. Ugh. I am dumb.

When overwriting the Umbraco folder, should I include the 'Install' folder?

Thanks!

Apr 05, 2016 @ 14:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ross

You're not being dumb at all. It can be easy to overlook and I had to look it up myself to be sure. It's been a while since I have done a manual upgrade...so had to be sure before posting. Initially I tried finding the information at the download page - I could not seem to find it there but I'm 95% certain that it used to be explained there as well...but seems to not be mentioned there anymore :)

Happy upgrading! (And remember to make a backup before doing so - just in case)

/Jan

Apr 05, 2016 @ 14:50
    Ross Ekberg

When I overwrite the Umbraco folder with the new one, should I include the 'Install' folder, or should I remove it?

Apr 06, 2016 @ 16:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ross

I think you should just overwrite it.

/Jan

Apr 06, 2016 @ 21:21
    Ross Ekberg

Thanks for the help, Jan. Sadly, the patch did not solve my problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft