Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas 7 posts 77 karma points
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 08:45
    Andreas

Hi

I am new to umbraco and have a clean install of 7.4.2.

I have two questions,

1. I have created an empty page and hit "Save and send for approval". Directly after I try to delete it but then I get an exception (seen in the bottom of the message here). Trying to delete it as an Editor works fine. Why is this exception happening?

2. Now when I got the exception, I try to find it in a log somewhere. I have been looking into \App_Data\Logs, Event Viewer and in IIS logs (C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC2), but the exception under is nowhere to be found. Is this exception not logged to file?

Best regards Andreas

An error occured

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

EXCEPTION DETAILS

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [DEFAULTDIALOGS_STACKTRACE]

at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.DisableBrowserCacheAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.OnActionExecutedAsync(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 09:05
    Jason Espin

It's a long shot, but have you given the Writer user type permission to delete? If not, it may be Umbraco notifying you that the user you are logged in as does not have permission. It would be an awfully messy error to display if this is the case which leads me to believe that it may be something else as the Umbraco team are usually very good at making sure the UI as is friendly as possible for end users.

• Andreas 7 posts 77 karma points
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 09:50
    Andreas

Yes, I hoped so too, and on a clean installation as well.

Further investigation led me to this:

I had another WebMatrix installation of 7.3.4 where I tried out the same thing, here I get an error message in a dialog at least:

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/DeleteById

I suppose that this is what I should have had on 7.4.2 as well.

Is my installation brooken or is this a bug in 7.4.2?

Any ideas about the log files? I would like to be able to catch those exceptions if they happens elsewhere for my users!

Best regards Andreas

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 21:28
    Shola

There seems to be a growing number of users (including me) experiencing that error in umbraco 7.4.2, for a diverse set of reasons. You should probably star/vote for this issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8239#comment=67-28114

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft