Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mayuri 11 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 11:07
    mayuri

Accessing 2 umbraco application's Back office into one

I've to make an Umbraco 7.3 BackOffice section :

I've to create two test applications with the same username (EmailId) and password. These two applications will have different umbraco databases. I've to add one section in Umbraco 7.3 BackOffice sections of the first application which will be the gateway for second application. It may the iFrame or new tab. Admin who is same for both the applications will be able to access BackOffice sections of both the applications for first application without doing any login again into second application.

Is there any way to achieve this?

• Shannon Deminick 1525 posts 5271 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 07, 2016 @ 12:57
    Shannon Deminick

You should really not do this, it's not exactly something that is supported.

If you want a single source of security for your users you should:

• Have separate Umbraco instances
    • Implement OAuth login provider with an OAuth source of your choice
    • Users can then sign in between instances by clicking a button
    • Once they are logged in to both instances they can navigate between them without logging in

You could add a dashboard or something as a link to navigate between these instances.

Apr 14, 2016 @ 09:12
    mayuri

I tried using cookies. was able to login to second application from first by explicitly triggering the login button of the second application if cookies are set. but for application hosted on different server cookies do not persist so I am stuckedup there. Also can I give a call to customer controller from the umbraco.controllers.js ? I want to use database approach to save the data once user login into the system from backoffice. I used bellow code in umbraco.controller.js but gets 404 error for url . $http.get("/umbraco/surface/Default/CallMe").success(function (data) { alert(data); console.log(data); }).error(function (error) { console.log(error); });

Apr 26, 2016 @ 06:33
    mayuri

Hi Guys,

I'm done with my above requirement by adding one common table in first application's database which will be used by both applications using web api.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft