Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alastair Todd 44 posts 142 karma points
    Apr 07, 2016 @ 15:35
    Alastair Todd

ImageProcessor 2.3.3 nuget issue on clean Umbraco install

Have been trying a clean install of umbraco all afternoon in Visual Studio 2015. I am receiving complaints about a particular package ImageProcessor. Just trying to install it this package separately yields the same not very helpful message. These things are supposed to just work aren't they?

Interestingly I can install anything up to and including version 2.3.2

Exasperated I uninstalled VS 2015 and reinstalled. Also removed nuget from that and re-added it. No idea how we are supposed to "debug" these things hoping someone with similar pain in the past can share a solution. This is the gist of it:

Package 'ImageProcessor.2.3.3' does not exist in folder 'C:_dev\Show\Show.Umbraco\packages' install-package : Could not install package 'ImageProcessor 2.3.3'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5.1', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author. At line:1 char:1 + install-package imageprocessor -v 2.3.3 + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

FWIW i've forced an earlier version of Umbraco (7.3.8) with nuget which brings in ImageProcessor 2.3.2 OK targeting .NET 4.6.1 This will have to do for now.

• Alastair Todd 44 posts 142 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 11:59
    Alastair Todd

This is fixed with ImageProcessor 2.4.0

Although I had to still preinstall packages for Markdown and AutoMapper in order for the umbraco package to install without dependency whining.

I personally despise Nuget. Out of all the package managers its the absolute stinkiest.

Another alternative that worked for me was to install umbraco in VS 2013 then open in 2015.

Otherwise manually install it.

All a pain in the butt. That shizzle should just work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft