Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin 15 posts 146 karma points
    Apr 11, 2016 @ 13:59
    Kevin

Question about property in tabs

I am not sure if this is the right category, but I'm quite new to Umbraco, but I have used Kooboo CMS in the past.

SO, right now, I have watched and read all the tutorials about getting started and even created the basic site. Now, for my project I would like the most editable by the customer, if not, everything editable.

Would I do this using the properties in the tabs, in the Document Types? Or is there a better way in achieving this?

Thank you,

Kevin

• Alex Skrypnyk 6148 posts 24097 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2016 @ 21:30
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kevin,

Can you provide what type of data do you want to store on your site?

Umbraco has few sections for storing data - Content, Media, Members - all these sections speak for themselves.

Under the settings section you have Dictionary, which is great for storing some culture depending data, but not content, like labels, placeholders, validators.

Document types - are types, docType can't store data.

Cheers, Alex

• Kevin 15 posts 146 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 07:53
    Kevin

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your time to reply to my question. The website I am trying to build a CMS into is basically a 2 column website. First, I have a part of 4 images with text. Under this I have a banner and a part with FAQ.

Next to these images (so, the second column), I have 3 "tables" under each other.

So, what I would need to store are images and text.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6148 posts 24097 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 12:06
    Alex Skrypnyk

Kevin, Archetype - https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/archetype/ is great for storing data like sliders, banners, teasers.

With Archetype you can create custom complex datatype with images, text, rte or what want.

Ask what other questions you have.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft